Friday, March 24, 2006

To Study or Not To Study...

Look at me. Just look at me.

Sitting here at the computer typing words upon words...it's just sad. I know what I should be doing, but yet I distract myself. I should be studying for my final tomorrow morning. But alas, my text books sleep heavily inside my pregnant backpack, dormant and alone, longing to be thumbed through and highlighted. And still I sit.

Just look at me.

My growing list of distractions and sub-priorities becomes more and more ridiculous as each minute passes. There are things I need to do, like take the rent check to the leasing office, and there are the many things that catch my eye as I look around the room for something other than books:

Oh look! My guitar sings her sweet, siren's song inside her wooden case-cage. I must rescue her presently, and tame her with my gentle hands.

Hark! The television beckons, and I am swayed by its free HBO. Confused at such a tempting offer, I watch the end of Anchorman.

And lo, the darkness that lurks within the confines of my entertainment center/microwave stand churns and is awakened by my wanting soul. Indeed, Resident Evil is a suitable name for the game it represents, and I give in to its authoritative order.

No, I will not let my procrastination win. Not now. Not this time. I know what I must do, and I will take a stand of determination and self-control and put aside these useless hindrances! If not now, never!

...But first, I should eat some lunch and get to a save point in my game.

5 Comments:

Blogger Windy Lampson said...

We have free HBO!??!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Pablo D. said...

Yeah, Melissa had it too last time we checked! Must be a national thing.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Windy Lampson said...

So when I come home... that's when you quit procrastinating and start studying... i see how it is.

5:54 PM  
Blogger spigo said...

sweet, i'm gonna check for hbo.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Addy said...

Hey, your mother-in-law came over to visit me today.
I thought I was in REAL trouble for a minute!!!

What a nice lady! You're a lucky guy. Not only do you have the girl, but her MOM likes you too!

A double threat guy!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home