Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Harmful When Swallowed

A couple days ago, I made some raspberry Kool-Aid. It's the super awesome clear kind that Windy wanted to get because she "likes drinks that are clear." After making an unfunny quip about Crystal Pepsi, I made the Kool-Aid and poured a glass while having flashbacks of Michael Jordan and Pogo Balls.

Today, I thought I would have another glass. "Hmmm...this is quite tasty," I thought as the sweet liquid engulfed my parched mouth. I finished that particular glass and set it aside on the counter, lest I had another urge to sooth my sweet tooth. Sure enough, as I was passing by the refrigerator without any direct intention of having more L'Aid, I reached in and grabbed the pitcher and poured more into my happy glass sitting patiently on the counter. I drank it down, set aside my glass, and all was well.

After moving some empty boxes into the attic space, I began to feel quite thirsty from all of my hard labor. And so, a few minutes ago, I poured another glass. Now, I didn't just toss it back. No. I wanted to enjoy the taste of clear raspberry. And although I should have had a tall glass of water right before going to bed, I was comforted knowing that I could pretend it was water. It was only right after I finished the drink that I noticed that the entire glass was covered with ants.

Needless to say, ants can and will climb one's esophagus when they have been swallowed. FYI.

1 Comments:

Blogger spigo said...

ants are high in protein. that'll help you grow muscles so you can be big and strong when you grow up.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home